For the love of God.

For the Love of God, sculpture by Damien Hirst, platinum cast of a human skull covered with 8,601 diamonds. Hirsts' work intruiges me, ...

For the Love of God, sculpture by Damien Hirst, platinum cast of a human skull covered with 8,601 diamonds.

Hirsts' work intruiges me, it's full of metaphor, especially that of Memento mori.
"Look behind you! Remember that you are but a man!"


Hirst as a modern day Warhol? Much like Warhol, he has teams of artisits working for him, in a factory situation. But because it his his idea, he owns the art, it doesn't matter that he doesnt paint it apparently as "Art goes on in your head," he says. "If you said something interesting, that might be a title for a work of art and I'd write it down. Art comes from everywhere. It's your response to your surroundings.

I'm not so sure I would want to buy a Damien Hirst Painting only to find out it wasn't really painted by him though...?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images